Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stainless coded welders fareham required
gtwelder
post Jan 19 2018, 03:34 PM

Iím looking for 1 coded welder for short term current excessive workload.

Will be TIG welding 1/2Ēsch 80 - 6Ē std wt 304l so need your codings to cover this range.

No travel allowance currently so looking for someone local. Lots of hours available

Please email me CVs to the following address:- gary.tomkins@flotechps.com
gapstobig
post Jan 19 2018, 05:48 PM

Once again another outfit trying to save money by asking welders to provide there own certs at the welders own expense. Will be asking welder to provide his own ppe next.
gtwelder
post Jan 20 2018, 06:43 AM

We are looking for self employed welders with own certs as this is a temporary position that doesnít have the time to take on more welders and get them coded up internally to meet the deadline of the job. We are looking at paying good rates for the right person to help a small outfit get out of a busy situation in the correct way but using someone that is self employed or a contractor that has the necessary codings and paperwork to drop in ASAP and help us out.
This isnít about saving money itís about having urgent need and no time to get someone on board full time to help with the workload.
Sjc1987
post Jan 22 2018, 07:38 AM

Whats the rate?
gtwelder
post Jan 25 2018, 11:43 AM

Depends on experience. Email me at the above email address and we can discuss?
ih100
post Jan 25 2018, 06:10 PM

However you dress this up, you're effectively asking a subcontractor to accept liability, aren't you? Buyer beware.
gtwelder
post Jan 25 2018, 07:25 PM

Accept liability??
gtwelder
post Jan 25 2018, 07:33 PM

I never realised how hard it would be to find someone that either owns their own busy that subcontracts or is looking for easy work in a fab shop working on stainless spools for good rates that has their own codings and is available on short notice to help a company out that has excessive workload but not enough time to take someone on full time and code them up ourselves??? When I was working in Canada everyone was self employed and willing to work under their own codes and insurance. Must be totally different over here.
Ballbearing
post Jan 25 2018, 09:57 PM

What is the piping fabrication code ?
What qualifications (codings) required ?
purusothkrish
post Jan 31 2018, 01:55 AM

hi everyone :

sorry to ask question in this area.

actually am new & entry level in welding sector. our client ask us to certify the welder by EN 287.

1. can we use ASME sec 9 for WPS AND PQR ? so for WQT can we use EN287?

2. or iso 15416 should use for WPS and PQR to qualify under EN 287?

kindly please answer me. i am not eligible, but eager to learn a lot.

thanks
purusothaman
boiler-rat
post Feb 5 2018, 08:41 PM

I did contact you and told you £28-30 a hour I said no problem coming to test but after our brief email exchange I heard nothing else, I guess I was too expensive and the good rates werenít £28-30 a hour good
toshamov
post Feb 9 2018, 11:37 AM

The problem with own codings is it costs a fortune to keep them going so unless your paying some serious money no one is gonna come forward. How long have you spent looking for someone to come on board? I bet if you had taken someone as a contractor but coded them yourself you would have had someone a long time ago.

Also give a rate, some people think £16ph is a good rate, others won't get out of bed for that so saying good rates isn't gonna attract anyone
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage