Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shindaiwa and Hypertherm
SRG Welder
post Mar 2 2012, 07:26 PM

Hi All I just purchaced a lovely Hypertherm powermax 45 for on site use here it is in opperation working from my Shindiawa eco 300 amp this was powered from the 3 phaze socket and copes with full power from the machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krXAUqAExjw...4MPJSodSZDNJNaW
hardface
post Mar 2 2012, 09:39 PM

Who's a bad boy, hot work with laytex gloves on? If the safety man catches you your gonna get your butt kicked steve biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I have been told the Hypertherm is a good bit of kit, are you using a water trap on the air supply or does it go ok without?
HF
SRG Welder
post Mar 4 2012, 11:29 AM

QUOTE (hardface @ Mar 2 2012, 09:39 PM) *
Who's a bad boy, hot work with laytex gloves on? If the safety man catches you your gonna get your butt kicked steve biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I have been told the Hypertherm is a good bit of kit, are you using a water trap on the air supply or does it go ok without?
HF

Lol it was just a in house demmo "honest" blush.gif think I will get a water trap for on site use as you dont know whats in the air that is sometimes provided rolleyes.gif but as my workshop compressor is fitted with one on I was just connected into it , I am not sure but the inbuilt pressure regulator should have some sort of protection ! I will look at the speck and let you know .... Nice bit of kit though and very light ..
Ste .
SRG Welder
post Mar 15 2012, 11:00 PM

Oh just to keep every one posted I will be doing a demmo on a ac/dc tig welder from the shindaiwa power source some 6mm alloy possibly a Kemmpi in the next month ,

If anyone on here owns a welding company who would like to push their product in how generator friendly their welding plant is I could test it for them rolleyes.gif

Ste ..
SRG Welder
post Mar 25 2012, 04:20 PM

Had a good responce you know who you are lol biggrin.gif So will keep you all posted soon

Thanks
Ste .
8 Milli Billi
post Mar 25 2012, 08:44 PM

Will be in touch soon

Regards

8 Milli
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage