Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> australia
craig747
post Jun 14 2011, 07:27 PM

hi guys dont post much but do rea alot of what you guys put up. I am looking to move to australia and was wondering if anyone knew of any jobs out there cheers craig
Butt rustler
post Jun 16 2011, 02:11 PM

Have a look at some of the older posts on here. Loads of stuff about work in oz

team overhead uk
post Jun 16 2011, 04:21 PM

search for an outfit called AGC
6gwelder
post Jun 16 2011, 04:29 PM

Butt is right good bit here about oz... Nz looking for people as well..............

Going out in august to sydney 457 company sponsored visa..

Google these sites poms in oz,

mycareer.com.au Adecco
Allstaff Resources
Challenge Recruitment
Chandler Mcleod
Clements Recruitment
Command Recruitment Group
Corus People Solutions
Drake International
Entrée Recruitment
Excel Recruitment
Extrastaff
Hays
Hender Consulting
Hudson Global Resources
Human Interest Partners
James Gall and Associates
Julia Ross
Locher Human Resources
Manpower
McArthur Management Services
Morton Philips
MPS Group Professional Recruitment
Randstad
Recruitment Solutions
Rexco People
Robert Walters
Scottford & Fennessy
Skilled
Stillwell Management Consultants Pty Ltd
Stillwell Select
Talent2
Westaff

careerjet.com.au
careerone.com.au
seek.com.au
hiwages.com
nowhiring.com.au
daywork.com.au

Best of luck
arnold
post Jun 16 2011, 06:15 PM

Anyone heard anything from NES for work with AGC in WA ? i no high volumes sent cvs in but its been a while now and nothing cheers
bear
post Jun 16 2011, 08:47 PM

NES UK looking for guys to start in Oz in September with AGC/AUS, their really looking for people to emigrate but you can go on the 457 working visa extended to 4 years, they will fly you out with a container full of your belongings and put you up for the first 8 weeks, but if its a bag of nails then you have to humph it all home at your own expense, however believe its a step worth taking no matter how big, they've got a work load to last many years and short of guys and their humour and mindset is spot on as i've worked with them...i've got the shout to go as well and thinking...

their severely short on die hard past master boilermakers...ones who could'nt see a rule far less read a rule... like me......but needing a barrow load of guys in all the black trades so give it a go, better to try and fail than not try at all.

£50000pa, possible £70000 with 20 hours ham per week for 46 weeks and 6 weeks off.
higher tax system but better system!!
think based Perth and working south but got a memory lapse at the moment as the white chenin blanc is starting to kick in lol ohmy.gif

www.nes.co.uk
speak to james whittle, 0121-200-8000
james.whittle@nesgroup.com
boilermaker
post Jun 17 2011, 02:43 PM

bear
There's hope for me yet then! Thanks for the list, a few of my younger friends are job hunting in Oz at the moment.
Butt rustler
post Jun 18 2011, 04:00 AM

I've said it before and now I shall repeat myself......... If you're under 31 then get a year's visa and come over here and try it. Over 31 then you have to go through immigration or sponsorship and what happens if you don't like it here? Personally I would never go back to the UK as I love life here. But I know some guys that have made the move here and all they want to do is go back home. It's not for everyone. And when money is mentioned, a good welder, pipe fitter, plater over here will easily earn in excess of $100,000 AUD a year. Fly in fly out at the min on 4 and 1 rosters lads are clearing $2500-3000 a week, plus redundacy and project completion money. Not my bag the 4 and 1s but I know lads that will not do anything else.

Choose life......Choose oz

Deep Penetrator
post Jun 18 2011, 05:32 PM

Hi All

Wheres the best/cheapest place to stay in WA while looking for work?

Does anyone know the places to go to look for work?

Thanks for the help

Butt rustler
post Jun 19 2011, 01:24 AM

Deep pen......If you're single then stay in a backpackers. And there is work all over. Check out the above websites put on by 6G.
benjam88
post Jun 19 2011, 04:38 PM

butt rustler, where would you suggest is the best place in australia to come over on a one years visa, if looking for welding work?
Butt rustler
post Jun 22 2011, 01:42 PM

To be honest with ya mate I wouldn't know of anything over in the eastern states as have never worked over there. I've always been in WA.
Aussiejim
post Jun 23 2011, 01:42 AM

I'm an Aussie looking for work in the London area, looking at coming over next Feb or something.

But at the moment I'm working in Traralgon VIC, there are 4 coal fired power stations within a 25km radius. Plus a brickette factory plus a huge paper mill so there's never any shortage for work around here. Ohh and not far from here is the de-sal plant which at the moment is employing around 1000 blokes! Huge construction job!

Most company's will take casual hire and u might get jobs from between 2 days upto 2 years being casual
The pay rates around $41 an hour for a casual boiler maker, and say on a shutdown a casual pressure welder would be on around $70 an hour.

The bigger maintenance contractors down this way are.
Conneq
BMC
Transfield
Alstom
Leightons

There workshops are all in Morwell so just google them and should be able to find contacts.

For the de-sal the contractor running that is theiss.

Or the other option is To ring the union. Our union is AMWU look up their Morwell office also.
All sites are union, so you have to join them to work anywhere around here, but when your out of work they will help you.

Hope this helps.
Anymore questions let me know...
1rudeboy
post Jun 23 2011, 10:27 PM

please please please please please any1 who is interested in coming to oz check out 'SEEK AUSTRALIA" and type in welders - all australia. this will give u a look at whats avail jobwise. the financial year starts july here companies are starting to ramp up 4 the start of some realy big jobs. 1 thing i will say is u need a car. the aussies are not as militant as the brits (they would argue that) and mouthing off will get u paid off. lots off things will have u pulling ur hair out. ametureness. the heat. flyes.theyer love of silly facial hair (beards ) lots of them drink mid strength beer 3%. and lots of other things that i have now got used 2. but i would never live anywhere else. i am not lieing or blowing my trumpet here when i tell u i am an average tig welder working on a majer expansion job constant nights 4x10s 3x8s 1 week 3x10s 2x8s the next so a 12 shift fortnight but not bursting my bxxls. my gross to date- $193272 COME AND GET IT LADS!
geordie4022
post Jun 24 2011, 06:42 PM

any phone no or emails trudeboy
craig747
post Jun 26 2011, 06:10 PM

cheers very helpful you say alstom aussie jim i work for alstom in the uk and served my time with them wonder if they would sponsor me
Butt rustler
post Jun 27 2011, 04:08 AM

QUOTE (1rudeboy @ Jun 23 2011, 11:27 PM) *
please please please please please any1 who is interested in coming to oz check out 'SEEK AUSTRALIA" and type in welders - all australia. this will give u a look at whats avail jobwise. the financial year starts july here companies are starting to ramp up 4 the start of some realy big jobs. 1 thing i will say is u need a car. the aussies are not as militant as the brits (they would argue that) and mouthing off will get u paid off. lots off things will have u pulling ur hair out. ametureness. the heat. flyes.theyer love of silly facial hair (beards ) lots of them drink mid strength beer 3%. and lots of other things that i have now got used 2. but i would never live anywhere else. i am not lieing or blowing my trumpet here when i tell u i am an average tig welder working on a majer expansion job constant nights 4x10s 3x8s 1 week 3x10s 2x8s the next so a 12 shift fortnight but not bursting my bxxls. my gross to date- $193272 COME AND GET IT LADS!

Silly beards and mid strength beer is par for the course here!! As is the frustration of constantly having to explain to Aussies the difference between a POME and an Englishman!! But I'm with Rude boy on this, I'd never want to live or work anywhere else!

$193272? You've obviously had a bit of time off!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Choose life......Choose oz!

Rudeboy, I just tried to PM you but it won't let me??

This post has been edited by Butt rustler: Jun 27 2011, 04:09 AM
1rudeboy
post Jun 27 2011, 09:05 AM

butt rustler. as im new on here i wouldnt know anything about the pm m8 sorry. once ive sused it out ill grt back 2 u.
1rudeboy
post Jun 27 2011, 09:08 AM

4022 u will get it all on SEEK m8
Butt rustler
post Jun 27 2011, 01:42 PM

No worries mate
Go to the top of the page
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage