Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Isleburn R.B.G Nigg
clabbydoo
post Aug 21 2010, 06:42 PM

Is there any signs of either of them starting travelling men yet. Any one know how the fab shop is coming along in Invergordon. Is it likely they have enough work coming up to be starting travelling men. What is happening at Nigg are they still humming and hawing. Any info appreciated. Lastly is Peter Sanctuary still involved in the area or has he moved on.
Clabbydoo
blazinjuice1
post Aug 22 2010, 06:48 PM

allright clabbydoo heard traveling men getting taken on end of aug (maybe another bad rumour) ? just had ma letter fi bifab so looking masel sooner the better huh
den the welder
post Aug 23 2010, 07:37 PM

Hi, clab, blazin,the yard is up for sale again KBR hit the lot on the head Peter Sanctuary was paid off a while back, Isleburn are hopeing to be in the new shop by the end of the month the gaffer that is going their was telling me today they,ve ordered 25 Keppii wire machines ,Isleburn seem to have tons of work at the moment last time i asked they were trying to use just local labour as they did,nt want to pay dig money i,ll ask again to get the crack, blazin the crack was last week RBG were paying off we, heard at Nigg, pipefitters went and 10 platers on they,re notice , if i get any crack i,ll let you know ,Den.

Oh forgot to add Global and the Port Authority have put a joint bid in for the yard , Den.
clabbydoo
post Aug 24 2010, 07:50 PM

Cheers Den, all sounds good apart from R.B.G. paying off. I,ll maybe get up there yet. Global seem to be doing really well lately. Spoke to Isabell says they will be taking on but not at moment.
Clabby
G.man
post Aug 24 2010, 09:10 PM

i was meant to be on a boat job with rbg but its not came in yet. That was two weeks ago, when i handed my cv in she said they had a lot of work coming up.
juliusseizure
post Aug 25 2010, 04:15 PM

No offence G.man, but don`t they always
G.man
post Aug 25 2010, 08:48 PM

Dont know never worked for them. will call tomorow & see what they hit me with this time.
FIFETIG
post Sep 1 2010, 09:18 PM

av just finished at rgb.boat been and gone.they are paying of by the week
G.man
post Sep 2 2010, 09:49 AM

i knew there was a boat in cause i only live 5 mins from yard, when i phoned him back he says i can promise you we havent had a boat in for over 3 weks, he says the last one got cancelled. i knew he was lying. What was worse is i was looking at the boat while i was on the phone to him, i just kept my mouth shut. & they phoned me twice to start on the job as well. NUMPTYS, When i went to sign on at the dole woman says your the 20th guy thats been in here waiting for that boat. angry.gif
sheety
post Sep 2 2010, 12:42 PM

been paid off by rbg today, thank the lord!!! says enough dont it?
den the welder
post Sep 2 2010, 07:59 PM

unsure.gif jeez lads was it that bad Isleburn,s stowed out with work get on the phone, Den.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage