Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what are these?
post Mar 21 2021, 12:40 AM
Joined: 20-Mar 21

Finally been allowed to clear out my late father in laws sheds. he was a professional welder working all over UK and after retiring did the odd welding jobs using oxy acetylene on friends cars. Most of the welding gear has gone but we found lots of different types of welding rods but not sure what they are. There are 100 rods that are copper plated, 23 cm long, half are 6mm thick and the other half are 8mm thick. They also seem to be quite brittle and not magnetic.
I don't want them but would rather they went to some use.
So what are they, and does anyone want them?

Thanks for your help
post Mar 21 2021, 07:43 PM
Joined: 18-Sep 13

Hello Gaml.

I would probably say they are Arc Air Gouging rods.. Normally used for back gouging butt welds or the removal of any unwanted welding..

Regards Daveyton
post Mar 21 2021, 08:47 PM
Joined: 20-Mar 21

Thanks Daveyton.
I've googled Arc Air Gouging rods and the pictures look exactly like what I've got.
Does anybody in here want them for a small price or I'll put them on ( sorry no advertising links ) 20 the lot
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage