Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Limited company
post Mar 26 2019, 10:37 PM
Joined: 19-Sep 17

Hi there I recently changed my accountant for my limited company they are saying that I can only claim mileage for my first 2 years?

Is this correct?

Also does anyone use that QuickBooks app or any other sort of similar app/online accountant instead of having to use a local one?

post Apr 1 2019, 09:16 AM
Joined: 25-Aug 03

I dont know about your 1st question it might be best phoning the inland revenue.

regarding Quickbooks.....putting your financial information online regards of the security systems (I much prefer too keep it paper and give it too my accountant.
post Apr 10 2019, 07:58 AM
Joined: 21-Dec 15

If he's telling you that then change accountant. You can always claim mileage.

I use freeagent and it makes it incredibly easy to keep track of everything and the accountants can see everything so its just alot quicker.
post Apr 25 2019, 11:52 AM
Joined: 28-May 09

What he means I think is that you can work /claim travel for up to two years at one place,as a 'temporary place of work',but if they can't explain better probs best off looking for someone else
post Apr 30 2019, 06:04 AM
Joined: 21-Dec 15

Ahhh right yea that makes more sense. He's right with that, you can claim what you want for however long you want but if you get an audit you'll have to pay. The 2 years rule is HMRC saying if you work in the same place for over 2 years your not a contractor your full time. But if you leave for so many weeks (I think it's 13 or 14) then you can go back again for another 2 years
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage