Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ally welding
Smiles
post Nov 6 2018, 06:30 PM

Hi folks, I am having an issue ref tig welding 2mm ally I am hoping some more experienced hands maybe able to kindly assist with.
Can't get a new set I've never touched ( always welded mild steel never had the chance to do other) to play nicely when trying to run a simple bead on tube section. it has a pair of dials one relating to frequency goes from 25hz to 200hz, another switch relates to polarity DC- starting at -95% rotating round clockwise to 50% at the 12o'clock then into Dc+ reverse polarity finishing at +95%
My question being how should I set these for a steady/reliable arc I can work with ( I've spent more time than my boss approves of tinkering with the settings and he's always overly keen to fire people on his poo list who don't kiss behind.
Thanks in advance biggrin.gif
8 Milli Billi
post Nov 8 2018, 03:35 PM

Hi Smiles

What machine are you using? do you have a pic of the front panel as you have it set?

Thanks
8 Milli
B186
post Nov 8 2018, 07:21 PM

start in the middle ranges, dc+/- at 50% and 100 hz, that should get you going and tweak it from there
robbie691
post Nov 20 2018, 10:34 PM

You don't have an ac current setting?
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage