Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chargng to travel.
yamahamarti
post Jul 31 2017, 09:30 PM

From time to time I have work with a large company which is normally fairly local. They have now asked me to travel ( approx 7 hours) to carry out the same task. Just wondering what people charge to travel as I dont think its fair to charge my site rate..
So if x is the hourly rate would you charge it at 50 % of x or maybe a standard workshop rate as it will be a day out of the workshop just to get to and from the job..
Thanks in advance...Marti.
Captain
post Aug 1 2017, 08:34 AM

Why not charge the full rate.??

A "door to door" payment for you is not unreasonable - it is YOUR time that they are expecting you to travel in for THEIR job.

Butt animal
post Aug 3 2017, 06:01 PM

Travel costs through umbrella is 45 pence per mile, for the first 10,000 miles.
This takes into account wear & tear on your vehicle.
apprentice
post Aug 3 2017, 10:02 PM

I used to work for a garage years ago. They would have huge arguments with customers that expected the garage to go and get and fit parts from a scrapyard. The garage would charge the full labour rate for doing this, the customers would go berserk.

The garage took the view that if the mechanic was not going to a scrap yard he would be working on a car earning "X" an hour. Therefore, as he could not as he was stuck going to a scrap yard, exactly the same charge would be levied. This is what you should be doing..

john..
BIG STEROID
post Aug 6 2017, 10:42 PM

Quite an irelevant example
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage