Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anybody have experience with a Walter TIG welder?
jrwhalley
post Jul 1 2017, 12:04 AM

Looking for any first hand experience with a Walter TIG welder from Serbia. It's available here in the US for around $US2000 shipped. This is far and away better pricing then I can get on any other European made welder (and as good as any of the Chinese machines with comparable specs... looking at a 220v 1Phase 250 A AC/DC model which is available here for $2000.) This is an unknown in the US market, but point of origin is less important to me than good reputation from people who have first hand experience with them.

Heres a link to their site <<http://www.walterwelding.com/index.html>>

Thanks.
Butt animal
post Jul 10 2017, 11:09 AM

I take it that if you bought the welding plant you would have no problem buying spares for it
jrwhalley
post Sep 6 2017, 12:28 PM

Consumables are no problem, or at least no more of a problem than for any other welder. I live in a fairly rural area, and the closest welding supplier is 45 miles away and basically a gas bottle exchange station. I generally have faster service getting my consumables through (another website) or an online welding supplier, and much better pricing. As to in-store service on hardware... Doesn't exist here. The closest store that even offers in house demo facilities is over 250 miles away, and I'm not sure they still have that option available as they have had three corporate acquisitions since I had an account with them and the usual result of that is fewer choices, worse service, and much higher pricing. Just hoping somebody who spoke or wrote English and had some experience with this brand could share their impressions. I am also looking at Lorch and EWM/Teamwelder units but dealing with shipping and customs BS may be the deciding factor. I would prefer to go with one of the German units mainly because their track record is well known, and the domestic alternatives from Miller or Lincoln are quite crude and limited in comparison until you get into the US$6000 range.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage