Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone's Job Affected by Coronavirus Outbreak?
silbchirs
post Mar 26 2020, 10:32 AM

Morning all,

Been looking at the news about lock-downs and people losing out. Just wanted to see how jobs were being affected by members of the forums. We've had a lot of
expert advice circulated
, but hard to say if big scale construction projects will be halted indefinitely. Hope everyone is taking care out there - really does seem like unprecedented times!

Best,

Chris
3Rs
post Mar 26 2020, 05:44 PM

was on contract with a company that do a lot in the food processing industry, complete lock down in North West Northern Ireland.
have talked to a number of agencies all work in the area has stopped, I am now on UC. And waiting for this virus to break.

Offshore (oil and gas) maintenance season is upon us above and below the water line, Suspect it will still go ahead but will be tailored to major overhauls Wood group have TAR's (turnarounds)
I was quite optimistic at the start of the year....then when the Virus hit Europe I knew the game was up. probably until next year.

I would bet Hinckley will be shut down for a period.
CChive68
post Apr 7 2020, 01:11 AM

Got paid off due to it.Then company rescinded the redundancy and are meant to be placing me on furlough.We'll see.........I think that after this,there will be a lot of companies closed,that will never open again. Pubs,restaurants,shops.........Big changes ahead hopefully.Especially for the heroes and angels in the care sector and the people keeping Scotland running like posties,police,firemen,shop workers etc etc.
boiler-rat
post Apr 14 2020, 10:13 PM

On standby
Gouging The Gap
post May 9 2020, 08:37 PM

Been put on Furlough for 9weeks as nothing moving in the Aviation sector, Companys going to review my Sections options after the 9weeks so fingers crossed things pick up....

CChive68
post May 13 2020, 10:37 PM

On furlough now.Just as well the wife's still grafting biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage