Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which welder?
Rivers
post May 18 2020, 11:23 AM

I'm new to the forum and I have been looking through numerous YouTube channels and also countless websites to find the right welder for my needs. I've been a diesel fitter for around 15 years so have experience with Arc and Mig welding but fancy a go at Tig at some point in the near future.

I want a mig welder mainly for automotive body repair but also would like it to be suitable for heavy jobs if needed, my main concern is after sales support and warranty, what manufacturers offer the best?

Also are there any Mig/Tig combined welders anyone would recommend? I don't want to spend massive amounts of money but at the same time don't want to buy cheap nasty items that won't last or have Spares/after sales or warranty etc

Cheers guys, Rivers biggrin.gif
ballyman
post May 19 2020, 04:14 PM

ESAB have a few good models that might be worth a look
WeldingFreak
post May 19 2020, 06:58 PM

Hi Rivers,

I would say that if you want good after support that you should go with some well known brand names because they care about their reputation. Also, a good reason to go with brand names is that they offer better warranty and have a better accessibility of the spare parts..

My personal opinion is that best brands are Miller, Hobart, Lincoln, ESAB and Everlast. Not in any order particularly. But I am sure that other people favor some other brands so you should ask around.

When it comes to the welder suggestion I would suggest a Hobart Handler 210. https://weldingpros.net/hobart-210-mvp/ <<< You can read more about it here (pulled that from google as a pretty decently written info about it).

Handler 210 has a lot of power, decent duty cycle, it is a big brand name and has 531 Hobart warranty. Read up about it on their site what it covers and how it works.

This is just my suggestion and by no means is a final suggestion. You should definitely ask around more and read more about the machines from other brands I mentioned.

For the multiprocessing units you asked about the MIG/TIG maybe you should check out the ESAB rebel 205 https://www.esabna.com/us/en/rebel-205/index.cfm. That's a really high quality welder in my opinion and besides TIG and MIG it also offers stick but hey almost all TIG welders offer it. Anyway its a plus.

There is also Miller multimatic but not to dump too many welders on you. Think about it. Read. Call some welding machine shops and ask them for the suggestion based on your specific needs. You would be surprised how much one phonecall like that could help you as they have seen it all.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage