Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Saudi Arabia
boilermaker
post Oct 21 2012, 07:14 PM

I am surprised at Aramco employing a non-US national. We must be an awful lot cheaper.
3Rs
post Oct 23 2012, 10:53 AM

Boliermaker.

You would be surprised at just how many "westerners" work for Aramco. But none of them are on the tools, they tend too leave that for the Indians, Pakistanis,Thai's. Aramco trends in thought is too train there own in the ways of the industry, bring in the welding engineer, other some other type of engineer too train them up. Once your finished your stint the local who has been trained up gets the job. But the big problem their is he was not paying attention too what he was taut. So 5-10 years down the line the Saudi who cost Aramco Millions if not Trillions has then been side shifted (not sacked as thats losing face in the Kingdom of Saudi) and is replaced by an other Saudi who will also prob make the same mistakes. Until Aramco wake up and advertise that they need a Westerner again, and it keeps revolving. When the brown smelly stuff hits the fan....it just pales into a white cluster cloud.
buel
post Mar 22 2019, 11:40 PM

Hi all,

Iíve been looking at a company that provides Welding teachers for Saudi Arabia and similar countries. Iím not really serious at this stage in my life but might in the future.
What is the deal with this - does anyone have any experience? I guess the most commonly asked question is is it safe? Second I guess would be the salary and conditions?
Go to the top of the page
2 Pages V  < 1 2
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage