Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> oxygen concentrator
bigman1
post Nov 19 2017, 09:47 PM

I am thinking of buying an oxy. concentrator for my home shop.Most of the used oes for sale give an oxy flow of 5 lpm,would that be enough to run a single operator torch for heating and brazing?Thanks.
Technic Al
post Nov 20 2017, 01:07 PM

Ive always assumed they were for people with health problems. A neighbour had one as she had breathing issues. I didnt know you could use for anything else.

Do they produce pure Oxygen?, again I assumed they only increase the %age in the air

Sorry cant help
Captain
post Nov 20 2017, 03:27 PM

bigman1
I would have thought that l.p.m. with being a flow rate in litre per minute, you will need PRESSURE behind what you want to do.-i.e. psi or bar g.

Unless you have an accumulator to store up this oxygen, then I cannot see your idea working I'm afraid.

For heating I would have thought you would need a minimum of around 10 psi and less for gas welding/braz
ing on light gauge material- around 5 psi.
bigman1
post Nov 20 2017, 09:22 PM

Lpm is a flow rate it has nothing to do with psi,you could have a low flow rate and high psi. I will need to get feed back from someone who has a concentrator setup.If you go to youtube type in oxy cencentrator you will find what i am talking about.Thanks for all the replies.Cheers.Ronnie.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage