Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Additional qualifications
Clayton4548
post Nov 5 2018, 10:18 PM

Evening all,

So I'm in the military, and I have my level 2 for fabrication and welding.
Is there any certain qualifications that employers ask for as well as the welding and fabricating relative ones. Such things as CSCS cards or anything similar what might be required, and not necessarily relative to the trade it's self?

Thanks in advance people!
Peace
Pipefitter
post Nov 11 2018, 11:07 AM

Will you be welding or fabricating?

Look at doing your CCNSG course. It'll help with getting work on petro-chem sites, power stations etc. Possibly look at the IPAF course.

The best thing you could do is gain your level 3 qualification as right now you are only essentially half way through a modern apprenticeship. Easier said than done right enough.
Clayton4548
post Nov 11 2018, 11:13 AM

Either or. I did mean to write level 3, not level 2. But either welding or fabricating which ever job offers come my way when I am due to get out the military next summer.
Much appreciated for the reply. I'll look into those courses though thank you.
Pipefitter
post Nov 24 2018, 07:26 PM

You'll have a better chance of getting a job offer if the role matches your S/NVQ 3. If your fab & weld NVQ 3 is in manual welding (you're considered a welder) you might find it tougher to get plating work and many would say rightly so. Just bare in mind recruiters and companies can be fussy with that, especially up here.

Someone else will have to give pointers on welding related courses, deffo not my thing laugh.gif

Good luck, not that you'll need it being ex forces.

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Pipefitter: Nov 24 2018, 07:27 PM
3Rs
post Nov 27 2018, 09:53 AM

What welding processes have you covered in your Level 3?
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage