Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Duplex questions
Theodore
post Jun 19 2018, 07:02 AM

Hi,

A quick introduction. Started with TIG welding 3 years ago. At first it was only carbon steel pipes with some stainless last year. For the last 5 months I've been welding only 304 and 316 SS with some aluminum here and there. It's a relatively big workshop, but there are only two weldors. Everything else is manual machining and CNC work. So I come across a lot of things: small delicate parts, big contraptions for food processing, big thin wall pipes, sheet metal welding... It has been a really steep learning curve for me, with lot's of mistakes to learn from. Next year we'll have lot's of big parts made out of Duplex. 5 mm to 13 mm thick, machined and cut, everything should be welded with corner welds. It's a standard Duplex, 2205 variety. But, I have never worked with Duplex. I have found a lot of general information about Duplex from a metallurgical standpoint, but I need to know how to weld it.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Thanks!
Technic Al
post Jun 19 2018, 08:41 PM

Not sure what you mean "need to know how to weld it"

Basically it acts like the 316L youve been welding....theres the metallurgical aspects you mention. The only other thing I can think of is that large welds give the best results from both a corrosion and a mechanicals point of view.

Im assuming you know about heat inout, interpass temp, overmatching etc etc
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage