Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> free vocational training as welder in Europe
Ayutt
post Oct 27 2019, 12:40 PM

Hello everyone. I'm welder who works and lives in Russia, i dont have much experience and training in this field (on my 5th month of working on a factory). I have finished few band aid welding courses before starting this job and both my education and practical skills are severely lacking. As such im currently investigating some possibilities to further my studies in welding - and with this i became interested in options to train (especially dual-train) abroad. So far i have acquired some info on these opportunities for russian starting welder to work and train abroad:
1. Finland vocational training in welding, done in Finnish or English, free of charge, visa for training is issued on condition that you pass Finnish language proficiency test.
2. Estonia. Free of charge, done in Esti or Russian.

This ends my investigation currently. Ive been reading here and there that Germany offers free welding training for foreigners but as for details all sites navigate me towards Berufenet portal which is strictly in German i have no knowledge of.

I understand that my thread might come as inappropriate in UK-welding society, being from Russia myself, and apologise for this. It is just that i noticed that community here is very knowledgeable about welding education options all over the globe in general and thus wanted to seek some advice from you guys :)
Boilerbuster
post Oct 29 2019, 06:38 PM

Germany will offer free welder training to anyone who qualifies for it but you must either be a German national and/or, you are registered and living here in Germany and have worked for at least 18 months paying tax and insurance here and claiming some sort of unemployment benefit (Arbeitslosungeld) in its many forms. They will then assess you before offering you training.

If you qualify as an übersiedler, meaning your forefarthers were German, you may claim German nationality which makes things easier.

You can't just wander in from the steet though and expect them to offer you free training.

PN.
Its not free, someone has to pay for it.

Hope this helps,
Bb

Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage