Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oxy Acetylene Bottle Collection
Joey
post Jan 7 2017, 01:00 PM

Hi everyone, I joined this forum to see if anyone had an idea of what I should do with 2 very old and rusted oxy acetylene bottles which I have found in the garage. They belonged to my grandfather who was an engineer and the gauge on the top says they are empty. I rang BOC who said they would be able to collect them depending on whether there is sufficient access to the property (residential) but I could move them myself if I wanted to take them to a depot. A friend of mine is a welder and he says that I should not move them myself as they are unstable and potentially dangerous...... The lady on the phone from BOC did not agree. What should I do with them? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Many Thanks, Jo.
Captain
post Jan 8 2017, 09:45 AM

Move them to outside of the garage to the bottom of the drive.
The "skip-rat" scrap metal lads will do the rest. biggrin.gif
apprentice
post Jan 8 2017, 08:09 PM

Just take them to BOC and leave them outside the gates when they arte closed, lest you get charged 40 years bottle rental!!!! I would NOT leave them for the pikeys, as, if they weigh them in with other scrap and the resultant explosion kills people, as it will, YOU will be getting the blame...

This post has been edited by apprentice: Jan 8 2017, 08:11 PM
dollymixtures
post Jan 23 2017, 05:43 PM

they should be ok as long as they have been stored upright... DO NOT lay them on their sides... let BOC deal with them
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage