Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do I need a welding certificate
Mr S
post Nov 11 2019, 07:49 PM

Hi all question for those in the know....I'm a competent mig welder and I've been mig welding for around 10 years..not as a job but restored a few cars etc...i was recently offered a job TIG welding which I've been doing now for 3 weeks...training on the job and already starting to gain confidence...the company however dont give you a certificate if I want one I will need to go to college in the evenings...is it worth paying 500 for a 12week course just to gain the certificate, is it a must have in case I decide to work elsewhere in the future...cheers
Technic Al
post Nov 12 2019, 11:18 AM

I guess it depends on where you want to move to. Id say that training is never a bad thing. It should make you better at the job you're doing now and that could lead to better things either where you are or somewhere else. Id do it given the opportunity.
pkweld
post Dec 11 2019, 04:42 AM

Of course, obtaining certification gives you wider scope. There are some companies that require certified welders and the pay is very good.

If you shift from your country to other, the welding certification will be very helpful to get a quick welding job.
pkweld
post Dec 12 2019, 06:37 AM

For welding certification information, you can refer to https://www.aws.org/certification/ as well.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage