Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> best MIG welder for under 400?
jick
post Jul 19 2006, 07:55 PM

hi...i'm new to this forum and i apologise if this is a regular question....i've gone back a fair few pages and had no luck....so..........

i've been using an old clarke 130amp MIG for over 10 years as a hot rod builder (as a hobby)......its had it now.

i have about 400 to spend and want (obviously) the best for my cash and one that will last a long time without needing to upgrade in 2-3 or 5 years.
usage will be mainly for body repair panels & some heavier chassis work although not too much.

what do you dudes recommend ????

thanks in advance.....jick
chunkolini
post Jul 20 2006, 08:30 AM

Hi Jick
This sounds just like a post I put up a couple of months ago. My Clarke 130 amp thing had finally sparked it's last, after 6 years of abuse, Couldn't complain about it.
After checking on this site I was told, buy one with a euro torch and copper wound transformers. I was also advised to avoid buying SIP welders.
After much fannying about I found a 'Butters 180amp' machine for 405. What a difference over the hobby machine.
More power at the high end and much more control on the really thin stuff, oh and cheaper spares. Cant fault it for the price.

Contact me off forum and I will put you onto the supplier as They dont allow advertising on site, fair enough.
Keep up the good work,
Chunkolini.
Were you at Billing this year for the streetrod and custom thing? You might have seen us.
sph world
post Oct 5 2018, 01:37 PM

These days, I see Zenny, Lincoln Electric, Hobarts are the top welders brands! I will surely recommend these brands!
sph world
post Oct 10 2018, 01:59 PM

I will recommend Sealey MIGHTYMIG100, the welding machine has received impressive ratings, and it is an affordable welding machine that you can get within 150 from (another website).
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage