Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how hard is a tig 6g or 6gr test?
Drippinslag
post Jan 24 2008, 10:11 PM

100% loud (beep) but can back it up with the job bud
Guest_10062014_*
post Jan 24 2008, 10:44 PM

wee welder, if you're not too sure with the tig and you're ok with the squirty go for either a stick root/squirty fill or solid root/squirty fill. everybody has to start somewhere mate so don't let the assholes bring you down or dissuade you from your goal. don't be afraid of tig either, i had my first ever tig job in mossmorran last year and it's nothing to worry about, one minute i'm a poor squirty hand the next i'm doing a furnace re-tube welding this exotic kind of inconel !!!! you couldn't make it up !!! i'm 39 now and i wish i'd taken the first tig test i got offered years ago but hey we all get the same dough these days anyway. GO FOR IT and if you want some numbers, just like my good friend ally, pm me.c&c
Drippinslag
post Jan 24 2008, 10:58 PM

How much were u gettin bigyin? What u up to the nno?
nigel 42
post Jan 24 2008, 11:53 PM

drippinslag

ii had to take it because i was indentured

otherwise i would have told them to beep off

but in later years i was head hunted by the local firms

3Rs
post Jan 25 2008, 03:26 AM

Guys does Babcocks do the training for the tig,
and other welding process?

If this is the case Weewelder this could be the way you need to go, I dont know how much it would cost. But its a direction that you can look at.

wee_welder
post Jan 25 2008, 02:04 PM

cheers 3rs biggrin.gif
earth clamp
post Apr 5 2020, 12:10 AM

so when i did asme 1x 316 pipe to pipe i got told that it would cover me for carbon etc, up to the grade of inox i did, in all positions. does that include pipe to plate? or is this bull. shouldnt be if advised by tester?
Go to the top of the page
2 Pages V  < 1 2
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage