Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Welder trying to get into inspection
runningdownthewi...
post Apr 26 2018, 06:34 PM

Hello everyone.

I'm a time served welder and I'm looking for advice in how to get into inspection. I'm done with welding now I'm absolutely sick of the game now, like a lot of people seem to be.

My plan is to try and get my Cswip 3.1 and PCN MPI level 2, before building on this by adding PCN LPI level 2. Problem is with the pcn i need 4 months work experience to get the level 2 cert. I can get half the experience by completing accelerated work experience course with lavender which takes 9 days. After this i don't know how i can get the extra 2 months and be signed off? My current work place already has MPI inspectors so they don't need anymore.

All this is going to be at my own expense and time. I just feel this is the best way for me to get off the tools and instead of just moaning about it this is a way for me to do something about it.

If anyone has any advice at all, maybe even gone down the same route as I'm going , it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers fellas
PulseGenerator
post Jun 3 2018, 10:43 PM

While I think ex welders make better QC inspectors, you're going to be up against it.

When I did my 3.1 there was people there who technically shouldn't have been on the course. But they seem to get on it when waving the fee at TWI.

On the MPI course I did there was joiners and all sorts on it who were going to work for free for companies on Teesside in order to gain experience.

Doing the 3.1 got me out of welding into the QC game then into welding engineering, but it's not a given you'll automatically move on, and if you do be prepared to tear your hair out at an entirely new way of viewing management stupidity.

Best of luck
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage