Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lloyds stamping welding certs
Butt animal
post Aug 25 2017, 08:50 PM

Looking for replies from Welder's who have welding Certs in QA departments at there work who are getting all there Certs Lloyds stamped but who are not welding all materials they're coded for.
e.g. You might have several Certs in at the company your currently working for but your only using one or two of your welding Certs for the job your doing.
Is Lloyds stamping all your Certs and keeping them updated.

Boilerbuster
post Aug 26 2017, 07:01 PM

Some companies will stamp up certs that you are not using but, without the reports from the volumetric testing they are invalid if a future employer wants to split hairs.
Butt animal
post Aug 27 2017, 07:42 AM

Where I'm working just now Lloyds would stamp all Welder's Certs, even Certs that are not being used.
They have now changed there tune and are only stamping Certs that are being used.
I just want to find out if this is happening Nationally.
heyyou
post Aug 30 2017, 04:27 PM

Depends on what spec your working to, EN it's the material you are using the process on, whereas ASME it's the process your using, meaning you could stamp certs that the welder hasn't welded with the process on that material for years, as its skilled based
Ballbearing
post Aug 31 2017, 11:34 AM

ISO 9606 and ASME IX are process related - nothing to do with the material you are welding.
I cannot comment on EN 287.1 certificates - they were related to materials but I have no idea of the re-validation requirements once ISO 9606 came into play.
Butt animal
post Sep 2 2017, 08:28 AM

I'm just looking for a simple yes or no answer to whether Lloyds are stamping all Certs held by the welder at the company they're working for.
I know the technical details but as we all know if you've been round the oil and gas companies for a few decades companies don't ask for reports, rather if they know you you just walk in.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage