Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Not a welder
woodfish
post Feb 16 2021, 11:18 AM

Hi all, I am retired (read limited budget) and relatively new to welding. I use my setup only for brazing and bending, but I would like to learn to MIG, as soon as finances allow. I use brazing to create sculptures which are usually mixed media, e.g. different metals and/or other material such as wood and stone.

I appear to be getting the hang of brazing, but help and advice is always much welcomed as I'm self taught and only know what I know.

I have a mini oxy/propane setup which appears adequate for my current needs. Being secondhand when I obtained it last year, for safety reasons I would really like to change out the current 2m heavy 20mm rubber hoses and arrestors, for something more approriate to its lightweight torch, but preferably longer.

Looking at the "usual sources" you are bombarded by far eastern vendors, I would really like to know what an experienced head would guide me towards as I have an inbuilt distrust of such sources, through experience.

I contacted BOC pre Lockdown 1, but received nothing by way of a reply, very dissappointing.

Thanks in anticipation
Woodfish
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage