Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> En1090
Bobtheweld
post Jan 7 2017, 08:03 AM

Hello people.i'am new to your group.i only have one question.i've been welding for a few years and have never been tested or coded.the company i work for are now trying for En1090.
Had a assesor come out and look at my work yesterday.welds were fine for the job i will be doing.but today i cant replicate those same welds.the machine is a lorch 350 micormig.wire is 0.8.gas is argoshield light.material thickness is 4mm.any advice would be helpfull.many thanks.
andye611
post Jan 10 2017, 09:05 AM

Hi Bob,
According to EN1090-2 7.4.2 - welders 'shall' be qualified in accordance with EN 287-1 (now superseded by ISO 9606), so I assume you will be getting tested/certified?

Do you have a weld procedure (WPS) to work to giving some guidelines on welding conditions?
To produce consistent welds, it should be just a case of the same welder set up (volts, amps, gas flow rate etc) and doing the same joint with the same technique, is your welder set up (volts / amps, polarity etc) the same as you were using yesterday?
Bobtheweld
post Jan 10 2017, 06:21 PM

Thanks for your reply andy.
All went well today.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage