Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> welding Tickets according to AS1796
Arsham
post Dec 25 2017, 07:11 PM

Hello everybody!
My name is Arsham and I'm migrating to Australia as a 1st Class welder. The Assessment Organization awarded me with " certificate III in engineering". now I just wanna make myself prepared for the welding tickets (certificate 1 up to 9). I'm looking for some type of resource for the details of the exam. I already have AS 1796 but I'm looking for something more detailed ( like a WPS ) for each of the tickets but couldn't find much on the Internet, and there is no pamphlet or any sort of theoretical information for the theory test. I am willing to pay for the information but seemingly there is not even a single online bookshop that can provide me with such info. I finally was able to find this link so far and I'm not even sure that could cover all the theoretical knowledge I need for the exam. I'd appreciate it if somebody could give me some info regarding this matter.

thanks
bonmar
post Dec 26 2017, 09:37 AM

i don't remember being given a WPS to follow. I did tickets 4 and 7
Ticket 4: Full stick weld on two coupons 5g and 2G
Ticket 7: Full TIG weld two coupons 5g and 2g

all mechanical testing is done at the RTO - registered training organisation

the theory is all multiple choice questions and answers. You do get a resource book to go through to get you prepared for the exam.

Boilerbuster
post Dec 26 2017, 10:23 AM

Hi Arsham, I had a slight shifty at the link you posted and the material on there was probably the same level as the IWP (international welding practioner) niveau for here in Europe, which is above the NVQ level 3 Diploma in the UK.
Whatever, if you aim high, the material learned will easily cover you for a lesser qualification. If their tests are anything like ours, it will be nearly all multipul choice questions but, without the course work you will find it difficult to gain a pass.

Hope this helps a little, Bb.

Technic Al
post Dec 26 2017, 11:23 AM

I think you always need to do the course to pass the exam. Its a bit like Driving, you learn to pass and then you learn to drive. Ive seen some test papers and the answers they want which are not always the answers I would give or not always the norm. I dont mean its wrong its just another way.
Arsham
post Dec 27 2017, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the response guys. Now that I'm taking a good look at the AS 1796 I can see that most of the details you need to pass the practical section are already provided.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage