Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting worse
the earl of argo...
post Mar 25 2017, 12:38 AM

I have being working on some small biomas new builds and I'm shocked to see such poor quality , most of the pipe was fabbed up abroad with all butts slammed together no gap no root even slip on flanges with 2mm of undercut all the way round both on pipe and flange this is mainly 6and 10" that has oil with a temperature of over 300 deg running through it ,and something I couldn't believe we ran out of 6'' bends so we were told to mitre the pipe , and to get a start I needed in date certs we are Tig root and hp with stick f&c using the most basic 6013 cheapest electrodes plus it seams that the firms getting the jobs are little heating and plumbing company's but getting Welders from agency's trouble is there pipeys haven't done this type of work (a nice way of saying they haven't a clue ) I had to bring in a pipe clamp from home as the hadn't heard of one we use a bit of channel I was told ,i has anybody else experienced this as the 3 I've being on are all the same is this how bad British engineering has got
Captain
post Mar 25 2017, 09:41 AM

ohmy.gif

Shocking that like.
How does the finished work pass the Q.A. Inspection etc??

Mind you, I have personally witnessed some shocking pipe-fitting and welding from our Louisiana Red Neck brothers when I was working out in the Gulf of Mexico. - They couldn't fit nuts in a monkey's mouth.
BIG STEROID
post Mar 27 2017, 12:06 PM

Well on a plus side at least there might be a future for guys doing repairs...after all tig welders just put themselves out of a job in the long run with that high quality process..
cappingcrew
post Aug 10 2017, 05:26 PM

EARL IT REMINDS ME OF SOMEONE ONCE TELLING ME THAT HE WAS A PIPE FITTER I GOT HIM A JOB IN HOLLAND HE LASTED A DAY HE PUT WELDLETS ON UPSIDE DOWN. BIG PROBLEM TODAY PEOPLE WANTING TO LOOK LIKE WELDERS NOT WANTING TO GET PAID LIKE THEM.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage