Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fronius Tps 3200
rotten_root
post Jul 30 2017, 05:28 PM

Hi all,

Looking for some help and advice when running flux core on above machine.

We are using 1.2mm Esab E71T with Ar co2 80/20.

I don't feel we are getting enough wire through on the program and I can't seem to adjust it on my he panel.

Any pointes would be massively appreciated.

RR
weldtone
post Jul 31 2017, 07:21 AM

Try selection the right hand side of the control panel F3 I think and turn the right hand side potentiometer so that a number less than zero appears
zero is the factory setting and you should be able to select from -30 to +30
Start at - 5 this should reduce the voltage so that the wire burns off slower and appears to give more wire
8 Milli Billi
post Jul 31 2017, 09:23 AM

Hi RR

If you are in a dedicated Flux cored programme for the 71T, and if the controls work similar to our synergic systems, then if you adjust the voltage to the negative side in the trim, this will give you the effect of more wire to the weld pool without any additional current, and will hopefully then give you the condition that you are looking for.
Hope this helps

Regards
8 Milli
rotten_root
post Jul 31 2017, 03:42 PM

Hi 8 MILLI,

Yes this is what I'd hoped would happen but the arc length trim control doesn't do anything!

Feel as if I'm missing something

RR
matt1978
post Jul 31 2017, 09:28 PM

As Milli said,

The arc trim usually controls voltage deviation from the synergic line. Less voltage should give the effect of more wire, on some standard (non-Pulse) synergic lines however sometimes the arc length controls the wire Feed rate deviation from the synergic line so it could be worth checking that turning to minus numbers isn't actually reducing the wire feed rate.

matt1978
post Aug 1 2017, 09:01 AM

Fronius TPS Comfort Front Panel

Also, sounds daft but you need to make sure that the green LED on the right hand window is on the V or symbol furtherst left and not on the one in between. From memory this {squiggly symbol} adjusts the Pulse height/Dynamic in Pulse mode but the inductance on a standard synergic line
8 Milli Billi
post Aug 1 2017, 10:56 AM

...a further thought, could it be "locked" in terms of no trim possibility in set programmes, effectively giving the operator only the ability to adjust the complete "working point" (i.e amps/ volts/ wire speed) up or down according to the synergic line?

Hope that isn't confusing!

Regards
8 Milli
Daveyton
post Aug 2 2017, 04:59 AM

Hi Rotton Root,

IF all reply's are not sufficient please feel free to PM me. I work for Fronius so can guide you through any set up. I will send you the user guide if you need it.

Regards,

Daveyton
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage