Welcome to UKWelder Welding Caps Welding Helmets Pioner Overalls Welding Gloves
UKWelder Shop
Welding Hoods Welding Leathers Welding Helmet Spares Welding Boots

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Join the Forum )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> buy brittish
1rudeboy
post Feb 17 2012, 09:48 AM

to all my fellow welders in oz, i priced a heavyduty batt for my adflow at burnback welding supplies, price- $283+gst got one from uk welder site for $203 post included. the way to go joe!
ram
post Feb 17 2012, 11:35 PM

Looks like things balance out no matter where you are us in the UK got to pay for our own coding and the lads in OZ got to buy their own ppe ,,,lol angry.gif
Tam F1
post Feb 18 2012, 11:37 AM

I'm in oz I don't pay for codes or ppe
bear
post Feb 19 2012, 12:53 AM

Don't pay for any PPE unless Ltd on your own paying year end tax and NI on a deal, monthly, quarterly, annually, any site requiring you to be on that site must provide minimum PPE...
mick
post Feb 19 2012, 01:10 PM

Pay for your own codings in OZ, claim it back in tax!
Buy PPE, Claim it back on TAX!
Further education, Claim it back on tax!
Training courses, Claim it back on tax!
Tools, claim it back on tax!
Wife washing work uniform, Claim it back on tax!

What a great country OZ is, do not need to be self employed to claim tax back on work related tax issues ( LOL)!

Cheers,

Mick
ningbo
post Feb 20 2012, 01:03 PM

OZ tax system is like the UK, maybe worse. Tax i n AUS is horrendous unless you live there and have an accountant who knows the system.

I work for Australian companies, who are the best payers in the world. Avoid working in OZ work for OZ companies outside oz
1rudeboy
post Feb 21 2012, 04:54 AM

every company in oz supplies you with full ppe. but if you want that little bit extra, buy it urself, claim it back off the tax man, you own it. easy money. RGIT, claim it back off the taxman. FORKLIFT LICENCE claim it back off the taxman, WORKING AT HIGHTS, WHITE CARD, SCAFF TICKETS, RIGGERS TICKETS, see mr taxman.
Go to the top of the page
Start new topicGo to the top of the page
Click on the Lion to return to the homepage Click on the Lion to return to the homepage